Sunday, October 14, 2007

The Seeker: The Dark Is Rising

Yes, we saw it. I took the Daughter to it last Sunday and, yes, it was as bad as we had many of us feared. As a kids' movie alone, it was only regular-bad - a bit silly, but amusing enough for young tastes. As something that purported to be based upon one of the best works of children's fantasy in the western hemisphere, however, it was abysmally bad. Will was an American. Need I say more?

I shall.

Will had a lost twin who was trapped by the Rider. His father knew about the Dark and the Light. No Arthurian references nor Celtic legends, really. Will was a Sign. No Walker. Yeah. I know. I knew, but we had to see it anyway.

I had made the Daughter read Over Sea, Under Stone and The Dark Is Rising before I would take her and she had not done so with a good grace, but even she was offended by the lack of faithfulness.

Sigh.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 6:45 PM, Blogger gojirama said...

I took my boys and their friends today, and even though I haven't yet read the book, I could see the plotholes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home